You brush and floss twice a day at home and use mouthwash, right? So why not go to the dentist for regular teeth cleanings? Teeth cleanings with your dentist are more thorough than the type of cleaning you do at home. Also, they help to prevent many other health problems.
The following are the top 5 reasons you should go to your general dentist for teeth cleanings:
- Prevention of Gum Disease: Gum disease is an infection in your gums that can lead to tooth loss. Routine dental cleanings help to prevent gum disease.
- Detection of Oral Cancer: With every dental cleaning you are screened for oral cancer. Early detection is extremely important.
- Maintaining Good Oral Health: Visiting your general dentist regularly helps your dentist keep track of your oral health and any problems you have had in the past or are currently experiencing.
- Beautiful Smile: When your teeth are healthy and clean and white and you have a beautiful smile, you are more confident and happy. Confidence leads to improved social life and career possibilities.
- Maintaining Overall Health: Gum disease is linked to heart disease, stroke and low birth weight.
It’s important that you see your dentist every six months and that they give you routine examination and cleaning. Remember, by seeing your dentist on a regular basis and following daily good oral hygiene practices at home, you are more likely to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
Don’t skip those teeth cleanings, your health depends on it! Schedule an appointment today with Dr. David Lunt DDS Restorative, Preventive and General Dentistry by calling 818-885-7230. Visit the website for more information at www.davidluntdds.com.
Accepting patients from Cal State Northridge, Burbank, San Fernando, Topanga Canyon, Valley Glen, Agoura and all surrounding areas.