Teeth whitening (or bleaching) is a simple, non-invasive dental treatment used to change the color of natural tooth enamel and is an ideal way to enhance the beauty of your smile.
Because having whiter teeth has now become the number one aesthetic concern of most patients, there are a number of ways to whiten teeth. The most popular method is using a home tooth whitening system that will whiten teeth dramatically. Since tooth whitening only works on natural tooth enamel, it is important to evaluate replacement of any old fillings, crowns, etc. Replacement of any restorations will be done after bleaching so they will match the newly bleached teeth.
Tooth whitening is not permanent. A touch-up may be needed every several years and more often if you smoke or drink coffee, tea, or wine.
Reasons for tooth whitening:
- Fluorosis (excessive fluoridation during tooth development).
- Normal wear of outer tooth layer.
- Stained teeth due to medications (tetracycline, etc.).
- Yellow, brown stained teeth.
To see what tooth whitening can do for your smile, call Dr. David Lunt DDS at 818-885-7230 to schedule an appointment or visit our website at www.davidluntdds.com.
Accepting patients from Northridge, Granads Hills, Reseda, Chatsworth, Porter Ranch, Winnetka and all surrounding areas.
Do you dread dental appointments, dental exams and cleanings and avoid dental visits all together because of one little word- CAVITY? Surprisingly, there are many things you can do to get rid of cavities before they even appear so you can stop hearing that scary word during your next dentist visit.
Here are the top five things on how to prevent cavities:
- Brush Your Teeth: When brushing be sure to use a toothpaste that contains fluoride for the best results. It may seem to be the obvious way to prevent cavities but by brushing your teeth several times a day your chances of getting a cavity drops significantly.
- Floss Daily: Most often food debris gets caught in between teeth while eating, it’s important to floss to get rid of the debris so that it does not turn into a cavity.
- Eat Healthy: Proper nutrition plays an essential role in good dental health. Eating nutritional snacks and limiting the amount of sugary drinks will help to prevent plaque from forming on the teeth. Eating healthy is a fast and easy way to prevent cavities.
- Dental Exams and Cleanings: The most obvious way to get rid of cavities is by visiting your dentist. Dental X-Rays, check-ups and cleanings are all vitally important to good oral hygiene and ensures that you get rid of cavities quickly and effectively. Visit your dentist twice a year for your checkup.
- Use a Mouthwash: Rinsing with a mouthwash that has been clinically proven to reduce plaque can help get rid of bacteria that causes cavities quickly and effectively.
Really all it takes is a little extra attention to your oral health when you want to prevent cavities. These five steps, plus regular checkups at our office will ensure your teeth stay cavity-free and proud.
Make an appointment with the friendly staff of Dr. David Lunt in Northridge, CA at 818-885-7230 or online at www.davidluntdds.com.
Accepting patients from Northridge, Granada Hills, Reseda, Chatsworth, Porter Ranch, Winnetka and all surrounding areas.
Professionals agree brushing and flossing alone will not effectively diminish bacteria and plaque from building up in the mouth. For this reason, Dr. Lunt strongly recommends routine teeth cleanings for patients of all ages. Teeth cleanings will not only thoroughly rid your mouth of substances that catalyze the effects of tooth decay and gum disease, but will allow Dr. Lunt to examine your teeth for any problems you may have regarding your oral health.
Dr. Lunt provides his patients with the most professional teeth cleaning experience. According to Dr. Lunt and his team, “We will do whatever it takes to keep you informed of your oral health, listen to your concerns, and help you choose the best wellness option. We have dedicated ourselves to delivering care and personal service which exceeds what is considered usual and customary.”
Because teeth cleanings are essential in ensuring the longevity of your teeth, avoid trusting just anyone with your oral health. Dr. Lunt is the most well-known doctor in the city of Northridge for the simple fact the he and his staff go above and beyond to satisfy and assist their patients.
For more information on how you can benefit from professional teeth cleanings, call Dr. Lunt in Northridge, CA at 818-885-7230 or visit www.davidluntdds.com.
Dr. Lunt also proudly accepts patients from Northridge, Granada Hills, Reseda, Chatsworth, Porter Ranch, Winnetka, and surrounding areas.